Friday, May 17, 2024

Late Evening Marina Trike Ride

 


Song:  The Warmth of the Sun

Group:  The Beach Boys



As today was a clear and warm day...
my elder sister, her husband and I decided to do a late evening ride 
around the Sparks Marina Lake.

As I could take a total of 3 trikes at once with the car...
and with the dual trike carrier (my trike was inside the car)...
I loaded my trike into the car...
and then drove to my elder sister's house to load up their trikes and then I drove all
of us to the marina.


My elder sister going up the path.



Her husband soon followed.




We stopped for a brief moment as I took pictures.

Their trikes, as well as mine, can be used on unimproved dirt roads in the mountains.




They have hub e-drives...
and so...
they can handle the same rough roads that can mine.


We had...
at first...
gone for a ways beyond this point...
but as the sun was setting...
we circled back to this point for the sunset.


You can see my 360 video camera on the pole on my trike in the background.

I will download and edit the video...
and then post it on my vlog channel I will be starting of my trike rides.

The last time I had attempted it...
I later found out that the whole video hadn't recorded due to a corrupted memory card.

This time I used a new one...
so...
hopefully everything will turn out fine this time.















After the sun set...
we then continued on our way around the lake.






I went ahead and waited for my sister and her husband to catch up.


A veterans memorial.


My sister catching up.


My elder sister and her husband going ahead so I could take
more photos of them triking up the path.




I caught up to them at the bathrooms just up the path.


We are near the spot where we had parked.

This was a shakedown ride.

My elder sister and her husband were getting used to their trikes 
and the power assist.

I did it to ensure the 360 camera is working fine before 
we go to Lake Tahoe on one of the world's most scenic bike trails...
the East Lake Tahoe Bike Trail.

As soon as we have another good day...
 we will all go...
my younger sister and my mother as well.

We will have to take two cars for that ride...
as there will be four trikes...
as well as my mother's palanquin.








2 comments:

  1. Nice path to test out the bikes with your sister and brother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turns out that I would have to learn more about my camera setup before I could publish the videos. But, that is the great value of a shakedown ride.

    ReplyDelete

A New Home...A New Beginning

   Song:  Land of OZ Artist:  Hilary Stagg I've been absent from blogging for a while. I moved temporarily in preparation to make my fin...