Thursday, January 11, 2024

Turn Signals And Extra Rear Lights Installed / Future Gear

 


Song:  Wanted Dead or Alive

Group:  Jon Bon Jovi



Last night...
I installed my front and rear turn signals...
and the remote switch to operate them...
as well as moving around the rear camera and accessory post...
and adding some more rear lights.


I had forgotten to turn on the underside red lights...
but it doesn't matter.

I wanted to show the much improved rear laser pattern...
(after I had taken this picture...I realigned the laser...
as it was slightly off center).

As I had moved the laser and led light higher...
the pattern is now much more full.

You can see the extra two led rear lights below the laser emitter.


I had moved the camera post to the center and had placed it vertically...
as it made for a much more full laser pattern...
as well as giving me a mounting post for the rear turn signals.

The center post may easily be extend upwards...
and upon which I may mount my Insta 360 x3 camera.

You may see the two extra led rear lights as well.


I had mounted the front turn signals on the main cross bar...
and just inside of the wheels.

Although they may not be easily seen in this picture...
I also installed greatly improved pedals.

They are not only wider...
but each side has metal studs to grip the bottom of shoes.


I had mounted the turn signal remote control atop
 the right side vertical steering grip.  

With just a flip of my thumb...
I may easily and intuitively use my turn signals.

The centered top switch is to operate the emergency flashers...
whereupon all the lights flash off and on.


My next step will be to install my water proof side bags.

This way I may always carry extra food and water...
tire and chain repair kits...
and for some longer rides...

an emergency medical kit...
water purifier...
my cold / wet weather gear...
the tow rope...
all my charging equipment...
my Bass Flute...
a tent and -50 F (-45 C) sleeping bag...
and anything else I deem necessary for my particular trip
(Later, I will also add a top rear rack and a trailer...
for extended multi-day trips to hold my extra gear).



As with anyone truly knowing, we men...
we all have the little boy we once were...
always living inside of us...
and so...
just like a child...
I am having a blast just accessorizing my trike...
and dreaming of coming adventures.

I already have a neck worn blue tooth equipped speaker system
which directly connects to my phone in its holder to play my music playlist...
of which I may listen to for longer than I will be pedaling on any one day.


-----------------------


The following applies only to my dreamed of....
but not solidly planned for...and which may never even happen...
solo multi-day long distance Nevada desert / forest / mountain rides...
or even through adjoining states with similar gun laws:

After the bags...
I will be adding a chest gun holster...
and perhaps a shotgun holder to one side of my seat...
as we may open carry a loaded side arm in my state 
(Our State Motto: All For Our Country, Battle Born)...
and although my pistol may be loaded...
and the open carry shotgun may also be loaded....but in the magazine only...
without a shell in the chamber...
I can quickly and easily rack a shell
 in case the first rounds of my .357 don't stop
whatever creature attempts to prey upon me...
and my shotgun will be loaded with penetrator slugs...
with which I could even take down a grizzly or a bison in one shot
(again...just for my Nevada or similar gun law state...
long distance day and night solo desert / forest / mountain rides).

By the way...
that is one of the reasons I put on two extra large convex side view mirrors.

Mountain lions usually attack from the side or rear...
and bears will charge from any direction...
but if I see either...
you can bet I will be pedaling furiously in an attempt to put him behind me  :)

I will also be carrying plenty extra ammo in my bags as well.

Why so many shells and rounds?

Wolves and coyotes travel and attack in packs...
and they can run down their prey for days at a time...
and so...
even on my trike...
they could outlast me.

Anyway...
my first defense will be to always monitor my surroundings...
and my backup weapon will be my slingshot...
okay...yes...
I am joking.  :)



And now...
my new motto:

"I'm a cowboy...
on a steel horse I ride."
(Jon Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive)

Ah...yes...
the little boy inside is still alive and well.

And...
if he is ever allowed to die within you...
you might as well be dead yourself...
for it is through him that we dare conquer
all of our fears to achieve our hopes and dreams...
so we may always see life anew with open and honest eyes...
with a sense of wonderment and deep appreciation...
and see each day as the beginning of a new adventure.






4 comments:

  1. Coolest bike ever. The last paragraph was very enjoyable to read. I agree that when you can maintain your sense of wonderment and appreciation. It does not matter how old you are. Life is Grand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is the difference between truly living life, and that of merely existing. I am looking forward to hitting the trails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you're having so much fun with the trike!

    Hope you are never attacked by. wildlife when riding, but good to be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have seen many a video of cyclists being chased by grizzlies, moose, mountain lions, and dogs. Although I will be careful on the trails, it is once I will have set up camp that I really become vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete

A Setting Moon and The Cave of Light

  Song:  Drops of Jupiter Group:  Train I had left home around 0530 in the morning to trike and to capture the sunrise. Although it was stil...