Tuesday, May 21, 2024

East Lake Tahoe Trail

 


Song:  Oh Babe, What Would You Say

Artist:  Hurricane Smith


My elder sister and I went to East Lake Tahoe to scout out the East Lake Tahoe Trail.

This is the route on which I will be towing my mother...
and my elder sister and her husband...
as well as my younger sister, will be triking.

I had to actually pedal the route to ensure the towing would go smoothly...
both for my mother in her palanquin...
and for my younger sister, as she doesn't have e drive on her trike...
as there are many elevation gains...
and my elder sister will be towing her much of the way.

As we had arrived early...
we decided to eat at this restaurant not too far from the trail head.




I started out with a couple of tacos...


and then ate a two enchilada plate.


My elder sister and I then went into an art gallery for half an hour.



After we exited the art gallery...
I saw this BBQ place across the street...
and as I was still hungry...
my sister and I shared a rib plate.


--------------

We had attempted the trail the day before...
however, the day was overcast...
so, after visiting the parking lot...
we turned back for home.



Remember this lot.

It is the trail head for the East Lake Tahoe Trail.

I will tell you now...
whether you walk it (about 6 miles roundtrip)...
or bike it...
DO NOT MISS IT.


Just ten minutes from home...
the sun was setting...
and so...
I took this shot.

It would be on the morrow when we would actually go on the trail.

---------------------



After our early supper...
we drove to the parking lot for the trail head.

The whole path is paved and very scenic.

My elder sister decided to walk the trail...
and I triked it...
as I wanted to feel the elevation gains...
and I wanted to take video of the route as well.


For a little while...
the trail is on the mountain side of the highway.

However...
it soon transitioned to the lake side for the remainder of the route.





For most of the trip...
I would pedal some...
and then stop at a rest area to take some photos.



My sister had caught up to me...
and then I took off for the next area I would stop at.



You can see my Insta 360 video camera on the end of the pole on my trike.

Later on tonight...
I will edit the video and place it on my YouTube Vlog channel
(The Three Wheeled Philosopher).

I will be placing my ride videos there.



There were many benches placed along the route...
and there were many shady areas along the whole route as well.








This is the route transition from mountainside to lakeside.




This is where it really became beautiful.

There were many trails which led directly to beaches or alcoves along the route.















This is a multi bathroom stop.












This is one of the many routes leading to a hidden beach or cove from the trail.












This was near my turn around point.

I would meet my elder sister at about the halfway point on the way back.






My sister continued walking...
but when I met her at the halfway point...
she decided to walk back to the car.

I would pedal up to a view point...
and then wait for her to arrive.

She would rest a bit before I took off again.

















This was our last stop together.

She resumed her walk...
and I rode past her and put my trike into the car...
and then awaited her arrival at the parking lot.





At the trail head...
there is a cafe...
a bike rental place...
and quite a few parking places.


I was hoping for a beautiful sunset...
but...
as the skies were all blue...
we decided to just drive back home.

Our main focus on this trip was a dress rehearsal for towing my mom
in her palanquin.

I wanted to ensure there were no problems from anything...
including parking.

So...
today's scouting mission was a success.

------------

This is a must trail to go on.

If you can catch it on a nicely clouded day...
you must see the sunset from this trail.

The next time we go there...
that is what I plan to do.

I actually hate clear blue skies...
as I know they result in mediocre sunsets.

Never go on this trail on a weekend or a holiday...
besides the traffic on the roads being packed...
the parking lot will most likely be packed as well.

As you had seen...
today, it was mostly empty.

As the weather continues to warm...
this trail will become more crowded.

We are fortunate as we live not too far from Lake Tahoe.

It is but a relatively short and scenic drive.

But...
by planning well...
you can really see some beautiful sights as you take a leisurely walk...
or bike ride among the trees and near the pristine waters of Lake Tahoe.


----------------

For a video of this ride...

go to The Three Wheeled Philosopher channel on YouTube.




4 comments:

  1. The pictures do not do Justice to this trail. The natural beauty evokes spiritual tranquility. The resulting pleasure of this experience gives your creative side an abundant boost of inspiration. Your bucket list should include this stroll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a must experience. You cannot say you have seen Lake Tahoe without having done this hike / bike trail.

      Delete
  2. I've been waiting for you to ride by Lake Tahoe... awesome! What a great way to get out and enjoy this beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to wait for some clouds in the sky before going back. My mother will love this ride.

    ReplyDelete

A New Home...A New Beginning

   Song:  Land of OZ Artist:  Hilary Stagg I've been absent from blogging for a while. I moved temporarily in preparation to make my fin...