Monday, June 17, 2024

The Seagull and the Eye in the Sky

 


Song:  Doll

Artist:  Helen Jane Long



I had a nice relaxing trike ride around my neighborhood.

I stopped by Sunset Court...
but as I had arrived too early for the sunset...
I triked to Sunrise Point...
and then triked up to Mountain Court.





By then...
some deeper colors started to emerge.



There was a cool gentle breeze blowing...
and some song birds were singing.

It felt so peaceful.


As the colors started to deepen...
I had seen some images emerging in the large circular cloud.


Just to the left of it...
were some nice accenting clouds.


Within moments...an unmistakeable image of a sitting seagull emerged.

Its beak...
head and eye...
body with extended wing...
and even its webbed feet showed in a beautiful orange.


Almost as quickly as it had emerged...
the image had started to dissipate.




Shortly after the seagull disappeared...
this great orange eye appeared.

-------

In a few days...
I will be going back to Lake Tahoe on the East Trail.

I will be towing a visitor in the palanquin to view the sunset from the trail.

Tomorrow...
I will be taking a drive into the northern California Sierra Nevada mountain range.

I have been scouting possible locations to buy a final property...
even though it will still be a couple of years away.

I have been considering the Sierra Nevadas for locations...
but I will also look into the mountains near the upper California Coast...
and possibly the Oregon or Washington state coasts as well.

Another possibility would be in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.

Over the next couple of years...
I will be exploring various locations to spend my final years.

I will be considering many factors...
but most of all...
I want a place of serenity.

I will be triking for life regardless.

For those of whom wish to trike...
unless there are no off road trails nearby...
I say to get an off road capable tadpole e-trike.

Being out in the wilderness is so invigorating...
as well as serene.

And...
the health benefits are tremendous.

-----------

I just purchased a gallon sized...
triple insulated stainless steel water container
from which I could refill my liter sized insulated stainless steel water bottle...
for longer trips.

It is designed to keep water cold for up to two days.

-----

Life is so wonderful.

Being out on the trails recharges the self...
gives one a refreshing perspective from which to reflect upon life...
and conjures possible futures filled with your greatest desires.

A person must realize that to not have a deep inner happiness
is to rob yourself of the limited time in life we all have.

If only for an hour...
at least a few times a week...
get out of the house...
exercise...
and then enjoy a beautiful sunrise or sunset.

Concentrate on serenity...
by doing so...
you will automatically release yourself of any negative thoughts...
and this will put you on the path of positive solutions.

It is these positive actions in life which matter...
as it is only they which will cause the positive outcomes of a better future.

Think long term...
take the incremental steps toward your desired future...
and then your desired future will become a foregone conclusion.


---------

When you look at people...
look at their general underlying state of happiness.

People with genuine smiles and a warm nature...
their ability to experience joy in the presence of 
the great simple pleasures in life...
their kindness expressed towards dogs or other pets...
the people who feel the mesmerizing colors of a sunrise or sunset...
or of a beautiful sonata...
these are people with whom you should associate yourself.

They are...
at the very least...
travelers on a similar path of serenity in life...
or even spiritual guides
to those of whom experience too many negative emotions...
just so long as you do not disturb them with your negativity.

In general...
in life...
learn from the learned.

Know that the people with whom you surround yourself...
are a reflection of who you are.

If you are in synch with them...
you are of like hearts and minds.

If you are not in synch...
then why be with them?

If they are not fundamentally happy...
neither are you...
nor will you be.

-----------

Never feel bad for improving your life by cutting yourself free from anchors 
or the barnacles on your hull which degrade your 
speed on the oceans of life.

Always must you be the captain of your ship.

Think ahead...
properly provision your ship for the long journey...
and plot your course well...
for that will determine your ultimate destination.

Fill your sails with the trade winds of happiness...
and all will be smooth sailing.



The Three Wheeled Philosopher





2 comments:

  1. Love the images in the clouds at sunset!

    Interesting that you are preparing for a move... the area where you live is already so serene and beautiful. Are you looking for a change? Or wanting to find a place even more remote?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I could be happy where I am, as it is so near so many beautiful places, I know how much happier I would be actually living in a place of deep serenity. I wish to have more land around me. I want to hear the birds and the wind in the trees. I love the feeling of being isolated...in my own world, and the lightly scented air of wood burning in pot belly stoves.

      Delete

A New Home...A New Beginning

   Song:  Land of OZ Artist:  Hilary Stagg I've been absent from blogging for a while. I moved temporarily in preparation to make my fin...